3D Laser scanning
Our 3D Laser Scanning equipment captures existing site data to incredible detail so all your plans are accurate and up to date.
The scanner captures;
- Building Structure
- Floor levels
- The entire site is captured in precise detail
A 3D Laser scan can be used for number of different projects;
- Documentation of historical sites
- Site modeling and layout
- Quality control
- Quantity surveys
- Roadway mapping and re-design
- Building information modeling (BIM)
- Establishing a bench mark of pre-existing shape/state in order to detect structural changes
‘If the scanner can see it it will be measured to an accuracy of +-2mm’
The advantages of 3D laser scanning are;
- With a 3D scan the entire site is captured in precise detail exactly as it can be seen in the real world with your eyes
- The scan can be uploaded to a web portal and it can be viewed through any web browser
- All of the scan locations can be clicked on to view them as an interactive 360 degree panoramic view (similar to Google street view)
- All of the panoramic views are created with precise 3D scan data, with our web portal you get tools to measure whatever you can see!!
- You can annotate the views for mark up and proposal purposes!
- the scan data can be used to create accurate 3D Models for Visualisations or BIM
‘If you need to move your project into a BIM environment then a 3D laser scan of your existing site is the perfect start click here to see our BIM services ‘